Pinellas County and the Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County continue to monitor trends in COVID-19 cases, vaccinations and hospitalizations. The information below is automatically updated from three sources:
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’ dataset COVID-19 Reported Patient Impact and Hospital Capacity by Facility.
- The U.S. Center for Disease Control’s dataset COVID-19 Vaccine Delivered and Administration Data.
- The Florida Department of Health’s COVID-19 Weekly Situation Report.
COVID-19 Test Results
Number of Weekly COVID-19 Cases
Percentage of Positive COVID-19 Tests
Vaccinations in Pinellas County
How Our Hospitals Are Doing
Hospital Beds Occupied by COVID-19 Patients
This table indicates the level of stress placed on each hospital based on the framework developed by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington (IHME).
- COVID-19 Inpatient Hospital Usage: Less than 5% is considered low stress, 5-9% is considered moderate stress, 10-19% is considered high stress, and greater than 20% is considered extreme stress.
- COVID-19 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Usage: Less than 10% is considered low stress, 10-29% is considered moderate stress, 30-59% is considered high stress, and greater than 60% is considered extreme stress.
Staff shortages (both clinical and non-clinical) are not reflected in this report but can have an extreme impact on hospital capabilities.
Colors in the table below indicate the level of stress based on this framework.
low stress moderate stress high stress extreme stress