We appreciate Pinellas County residents’ efforts to stay home as much as possible to slow the spread of COVID-19, and we recognize that staying home all day is not always as easy as it sounds. We’ve compiled some resources to help you make the most of your time at home.
Grocery Delivery and Pickup
Note that delivery times are longer than usual for many delivery services due to the large demand at this time; be sure to plan a few days ahead.
Local Restaurants Open for Takeout and Delivery
One way to support our local restaurants during this trying time is by ordering takeout or delivery.
- St. Pete/Clearwater Restaurants with Take-Out & Delivery (List by Visit/St. Pete Clearwater)
- St. Petersburg restaurants still offering takeout/delivery (List by I love The Burg)
Meal Delivery Apps
- ChowNow (iOS)
- Delivery.com (iOS/Android)
- Doordash (iOS/Android)
- goPuff (iOS/Android)
- Grubhub (iOS/Android)
- Instacart (iOS/Android)
- Postmates (iOS/Android)
- UberEats (iOS/Android)
Free Prescription Medication Delivery
You may also want to ask your pharmacist if you can fill a 90-day supply of your monthly prescriptions instead of a 30-day supply.
Staying in Touch
We may be physically distancing ourselves from others, but that doesn’t mean you can’t stay connected to your friends, family, coworkers and clients. Here are a few tools for staying connected:
Free Conferencing Apps
Several conferencing apps offer free versions of their services:
- Cisco WebEx Personal: Up to 100 participants, no limit to duration of meetings
- FreeConference: Up to 5 participants, no downloads required
- Google Hangouts: Up to 10 participants, no limit to duration of meetings
- Lifesize Go: Up to 8 participants, no restrictions on meeting length
- Microsoft Teams
- Slack Video Calls: Up to 15 participants
- TrueConf Online: Up to three participants
- UberConference: Up to 10 participants, unlimited number of meetings, video call duration limited to 45 minutes
- Zoom Basic: Up to three participants,unlimited number of meetings, call duration limited to 40 minutes
Is Zoom Your Constant Companion? Download Visit St. Pete/Clearwater’s Beachy Backgrounds to Make Things More Fun!
Social distancing times are tough, and people are zooming from all corners of their homes (some of them not-so-tidy). Don’t let your friends and colleagues judge what’s going on in the background of your zoom calls. Throw on a beachy top and get the virtual party going with a custom St. Pete/Clearwater Zoom background.
- Download one of Visit St. Pete/Clearwater’s beautiful beach photos.
- Have Zoom walk you through how to enable your background
- Start that virtual party!
Security While Working/Studying from Home
- Tips for Working from Home Securely
- Videos: Secure Your Home and Your Family
- Webcast: Securing Your Kids Online
Tips for Making Your Home Workspace More Ergonomic
- CNET: 5 ways to make your office desk more ergonomic
- CNBC: Cheap ways to make your work-from-home space more ergonomic and better for your back
Virtual Learning Resources for Children
- Storyline Online streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- Go Noodle offers movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts.
- Scholastic is offering a free digital hub to help keep kids learning.
- Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is offering virtual story time for children.
Things to Do at Home
Join a virtual fitness class to stay fit and emotionally resilient while social distancing:
- Virtual yoga classes:
- Live online classes with St. Pete’s Body Electric Yoga Company
- Live online classes with St. Pete’s SunState Yoga
- Yoga with Adriene YouTube channel – hundreds of free yoga videos, including a Yoga for Uncertain Times playlist
- Live and on-demand fitness classes via SweatNET
- Live at-home workout classes and nutritional information on Burg Cross Fit’s Facebook page
Learn Something New
- Tour museums, aquariums, and other attractions around the world from your couch
- Learn a new language with a free language app:
- Learn to cook a new recipe
- Milk Street Cooking School is making all of its online cooking classes available for free through the end of April.
- Michelin-rated Italian chef Massimo Bottura – featured on Netflix’s Chef’s Table – is offering free cooking lessons from his Instagram account. Called Kitchen Quarantine, the live streams air daily at 3 p.m.
- Bon Appétit’s YouTube channel: Food magazine Bon Appétit’s popular YouTube channel is home to hundreds of cooking videos, including a few recurring series on various topics.
- Find a recipe using the ingredients in your pantry
Explore the Tampa Bay area virtually
- From virtual museum visits to online dance lessons and yoga classes, check out Visit St. Pete Clearwater’s list of virtual experiences right here in Pinellas County.
- Watch the dolphins, otters, pelicans and sea turtles via these live animal cams at Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
- Tune in to the Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI)’s daily educational live streams at 1:30 p.m. on the MOSI in Motion Facebook page.
- Visit St. Pete Clearwater is bringing the beach to you! Watch and listen to the soothing sounds of the waves at Fort Desoto North Beach.
- Check out free audiobooks or e-books from the library using the OverDrive app or website (active library card required).
Connect with Others
- We’re all in this together. Share what you see from your window in this active Facebook group with members from around the world.
Many fun crafts can be created using items your family already has at home. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Games & Other Activities
- Think you know St. Pete/Clearwater like the back of your hand? See if you can get ALL the answers right on Visit St. Pete Clearwater’s crossword puzzle.
- Missing baseball season and need something to keep the kiddos (or yourself) entertained? Ray, DJ Kitty, and Stinger have you covered with coloring pages and fun activities!
TV & Movies
- Netflix subscribers can watch movies with friends and family using the Netflix Party Chrome extension, which synchronizes video playback and adds group chat.
- Watch these movies that feature (or cameo) many of our beautiful communities in St. Pete/Clearwater.
- Many popular TV and movie streaming services offer free trials, and some have extended their trials during the COVID-19 pandemic. Don’t forget to cancel the subscription before the trial ends if you do not wish to pay for the service.
- Sling TV: Free 14-day trial
- Hulu: First month free
- Disney Plus: One week trial
- Amazon Prime Video: 30-day trial
- HBO Now: 7 days free
- AT&T TV Now: One week free
- Netflix: 30 days free
- Amazon Music HD: 90 days free
- Apple Music: 3 months free
- Spotify: One month free
- Tidal: 30 days free
- Amazon Kindle Unlimited: Two months free
- Don’t want to sign up for a trial period? Try one of these completely free streaming services:
- Hoopla (access using your library card)
- IMDb TV
- LG Channels (available on select LG Smart TV models)
- Kanopy (ad free; must have library card or be a student or professor at a participating university)
- Pluto TV (includes 11 Spanish- and Portuguese-language channels on Pluto TV Latino)
- Redbox (Now offers a free, ad-based live service that it intends to broaden in the coming months)
- The Roku Channel (includes a new “Kids & Family” section featuring more than 7,000 ad-supported movies and TV episodes)
- Samsung TV Plus
- Tivo+ (requires a TiVo device)
- Tubi TV (includes 1,200+ children’s movies and TV shows on Tubi Kids)
- Vizio WatchFree (available on Vizio TVs – access by pressing the Input button on the Vizio TV remote control.)
- YouTube (includes free movies in the Free to Watch section under Movies & Shows)